Parentsportal.scot is a new digital service to help replace the traditional school bag run by providing direct communication to parents and carers through a growing suite of online services.
The portal has been developed to provide parents/carers with a clear insight to their child’s education and to support transactional communications between them and the school.
Registration for a Parents Portal customer account uses the MyGovScot (My Account) Service. This is a secure and trusted service provided by the Scottish Government.
Watch the introductory video below which also shows you how to register for the MyAccount Service. Parents/carers using iPay/iPayimpact will already have a MyAccount username and password.
There is also an introduction video below for all parents and carers who already have a MyAccount.
This new service will introduce information about the school and will allow you to:
- link to your child
- view school calendar
- view your child’s class timetable (for pupils in secondary school)
- view your child’s attendance
- complete the annual data check process electronically
- update your own as well as your child’s details at any time
- access Parent Zone and MyFife
- access online school payments (iPayImpact)
- book your child’s parents evenings
- report your child’s absence from school
- view your child’s report card (where available)
- view and authorise child’s permission slips for trips, clubs etc
- view and access school social media sites and websites
This is an exciting first phase of a new initiative which enables and creates a digital relationship between parents/carers, pupils and schools.
How to report your child’s absence using parentsportal.scot. You will now have no need to try and phone the school.
How to access iPayimpact using parentsportal.scot – allowing you to pay for school meals, milk and school trips.
How to complete the Annual Data Check online, as opposed to in previous years when you had to fill in a paper copy for your school.