World Book Day is happening on Thursday 2nd March 2023.
Why don’t you try and take some time to read a book and learn new stories. You can also spend your World Book Day vouchers at Waterstones (Kirkcaldy) and Asda. You can buy one of the many £1.00 books with your voucher or you can buy any book over £2.99 and get £1.00 off.
Please see below for your World book day Voucher:
The Library is running a World book Day competition for S1/S2 Viewforth High School pupils. See how much you know about books by answering all the questions and win a prize. The winner will receive a copy of the book Fear Ground by Jennifer Killick and there is a runner up prize of an Easter egg.
Please click on the link below for the quiz questions:
If you would prefer a paper copy please see Mrs Barker in the library.
Entries to be emailed to Mrs Barker on Glow please firstname.lastname@example.org Closing date is Thursday 16th March 2023. Good Luck. Mrs Barker Librarian
If you need a quiet space to work or study or read a book, then the library is the place for you.
We have new displays – LGBTQ+ to celebrate LGBTQ+ history month and we also have a Health and wellbeing area with new books on different topics affecting teens.
Come and check out all the different books we have on offer at Break times or lunch times in the library.
Please see Mrs Barker in the library for more information.
Author of the Month
Gray was born in Atlanta, Georgia, and moved to Little Rock, Arkansas with her family at age thirteen, attending Pulaski Academy. Gray received her Bachelor of Arts in political science and African and African-American Studies from the University of Arkansas in 2015.
Gray began writing her debut novel, Beasts of Prey, in May 2015, following her graduation. In July 2020, Gray sold Beasts of Prey and two accompanying books to Putnam Books for Young Readers, an imprint of Penguin Random House.
Book of the Month
Beasts of Prey is a 2021 young adult fantasy novel by American writer Ayana Gray. Gray’s debut novel follows two teenagers, Koffi and Ekon, who enter the magical Greater Jungle in pursuit of a murderous creature called the Shetani. It was published on September 28, 2021, and quickly entered the New York Times and Indie Bestseller lists.
eBooks, eAudiobooks and digital magazines
Our e-book, e-audio and e-magazine service has changed! We’ve moving to Libby! Find out how to get started with Libby below.
The Libby app is the easiest way to get started with digital books, audiobooks, and magazines from your public library!
- Install the Libby app from the app store on your Android or iOS (iPhone/iPad/iPod touch) device. Or, visit libbyapp.com in your Chrome, Firefox, Safari, or Edge browser.
- In Libby, follow the prompts to find your library and sign in with a valid library card.
- Browse your library’s collection and borrow a title.
- Borrowed titles appear under Shelf > Loans and download to the app automatically when you’re on Wi-Fi, so you can read them when you’re offline.
- From your Loans, you can: Tap Read With… to choose whether you’d like to open a book in Kindle (U.S. libraries only) or Libby. Tap Open Audiobook or Open Magazine to start reading or listening to that title.Tap Manage Loan to see options like Renew and Return.
Need more info? Watch our video below.
For more help with Libby, visit help.libbyapp.com