Our S1 Business course is designed to introduce pupils to the various aspects of business, enabling them to have a better understanding of the ways in which businesses are started and how they are managed. The course is delivered during a single period each week, with classwork being accessed via an application called OneNote. Areas covered include:
- Entrepreneurship – The process of starting a new business.
- Needs & Wants – Identifying the difference between a Need and a Want.
- Survival – Looking at the ways in which society caters for our needs and how this differs in other countries.
- Goods & Services – Identifying the difference between a Good and a Service.
- Sectors of the Economy – The sectors of the economy in which businesses operate and the business objectives associated with each.
- Skills & Qualities – Identifying the difference between Skills and Qualities.
- Market Research – The ways in which businesses find out the needs and wants of their customers.
- Branding – The ways businesses use branding to raise the profile of their product.